Thursday, January 11, 2018

Tieks: So Worth It! (Opinion-Based Persuasive Essay)

It is no secret that I have a passion for shoes.  I even have a sign by my desk that states, “Keep Calm and Buy Shoes”. Shoes bring me great joy for many reasons.  Shoes can complete an outfit, the right boots and slippers snuggle my feet and supply warmth, beautiful strappy sandals supply comfort on a hot day, and athletic shoes can help me achieve my fitness goals. Over the years I have purchased many shoes; both good and bad.  There is nothing like the disappointment I feel when I purchase a beautiful shoe only to discover they are very uncomfortable or poorly made. My experience has taught me that in order to purchase the right shoe, they must be stylish, comfortable and very well made.  I recently made a shoe purchase that met all my qualifications. “Meet Tieks, the most versatile flats in the world.” Tieks ballet flats by Gavrieli are a must have shoe because they are stylish, comfortable, and very well made.

First, Tieks are a must have shoe because they are stylish. Each person has their own unique style. Style reflects your attitude and personality, which is why I appreciate new, fun, flashy and colorful shoes. Tieks have all of these traits and more. According to the Tieks website, there are 58 different styles of Tieks. WOW!  58 different choices is a stylish shoe lover’s dream come true. I visit the website often, drooling over the beautiful options and trying to decide which color and/or style would best compliment my wardrobe. This is significant because few shoe brands offer consumers 58 options when selecting a shoe. I currently have the black patent and the pewter Tieks.  My next shoe adventure will surely be the snake skin Tieks.  Which would you choose?

Tieks not only look good, they are also very comfortable.  If you are a high heel shoe lover like me, it may be hard for you to give Tiek ballet flats a chance.  I completely understand your hesitation.  Flat shoes often have less support and can be uncomfortable.  If you are on your feet a lot, comfort may be your most important consideration when purchasing shoes. I am happy to report that even though Tieks are a ballet flat, they are extremely comfortable. Tieks are crafted differently than other ballet flats. The Tieks website states, “Tieks feature a split-sole design, which allows the shoe to flex your foot as you walk.” Tieks also have a cushioned back and insole.  These characteristics offer customers a chance to wear unique, stylish shoes, but still enjoy a comfortable walking experience. As you can see, Tieks are truly “the ballet flat, reinvented” (tieks.com).

Finally, Tieks are extremely well made. I’ve had my black obsidian Tieks for a few months now and I wear them often. I can tell you that they still look and feel like the first day I pulled them out of their beautiful teal box. This is important to note because with most shoes, after wearing them consistently for two months, especially in Wisconsin, they begin to stretch or show marks on the exterior of the shoe.  This is not the case with my gorgeous, well crafted Tieks. The Tieks website explains that Tieks hold their shape and survive exposure to elements because they are “handcrafted from the finest leathers and textiles. It takes 3 days and over 150 steps to make a pair of Tieks”.

Tieks ballet flats by Gavrieli are a must have shoe because they are stylish, comfortable, and very well made. Unfortunately, some consumers squawk at the price of Tieks.  It is true, Tieks are more expensive than many ballet flats. You may have heard the expression, “Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten.” This is especially true for Tieks. Quality doesn’t even begin to describe the craftsmanship of this beautiful shoe brand. There is no doubt that the Tiek corporation is dedicated to producing a quality product.  Tieks also work to create a personal connection with customers.  Tieks arrive in a beautiful teal box with a colorful silk flower positioned neatly on top.  Inside you find a card with a personal thank you note from a Tieks employee.  My first note states, “Julie, we hope you love your Obsidian Black Tieks and look forward to seeing where your blue prints take you.” The note was signed, “The Tieks Team”. After I read the personal note from the company, I knew I was sold before I even put the shoes on my feet.  If you still aren’t convinced, the Gavrieli Foundation donates profits to support our global community.  According to the Tieks website, the Gavrieli Foundation “contributed over $10,000,000 to over 55,000 women entrepreneurs in over 70 countries, including the United States”.  As I continue to purchase Tieks ballet flats, I know I am part of the Tieks community; proudly wearing shoes that are stylish, comfortable, well made, and worth every penny.



Works Cited
“The Ballet Flat Reinvented.” Tieks by Gavrieli, tieks.com/.




No comments:

Post a Comment